We are all super aware of our health these days, and that covers a whole range of differet topic areas. When it comes to the water we drink, we want it to be fresh and clear, and not full of contaminants, which can be harmful to our health. There are ways to ensure that we’re drinking fresh water and not liquid full of nasties, and that is by using a water purifer.
The name really explains what it is, becuase this is a machine which filters out the undesirable elements that might be lurking in your H20 and leaves you with the sparkling, fresh stuff you want to be drinking. There are all manner of different water purifiers on the market, and you need to be sure that you’re spending your money on the right product for your needs. With that in mind, we’ve reviewed a few of the best water purifiers on the market, to help you make your decision.
Best Water Purifer Reviews
PUR 18 Cup Water Filtration Dispenser
This particular water filter comes with some fantastic reviews, and the price is also very pleasing for users. The pack comes with several options, so you can choose to simply buy the purifier and just one filter, or you can go for a bigger pack of filters, to see you through for longer, the choice is yours.
In terms of performance, this is a very accurate purifier, which removes 96% of mercury from water and 95% of regular pollutants. You will also not have to deal wth a taste of chlorine in your water and it wont smell, as some regular water can, when taken from the tap. The purifier itself is sleek and compact, so it doesn’t take up a huge amount of space in your refrigerator, and there are carrying handles to make transportation easier. The capacity is also large, with 18 cups able to fit inside, and filter are quite long lasting, giving you an average of 2 months’ worth of purified water, before the filter needs to be changed.
- Compact design which doesn’t take up too much space inside your refrigerator
- Long lasting filters, which last for around 2 months before replacement is needed
- Filters remove 96% of mercury and 95% of pollutants
- Eradicate chlorine taste and odor to water from the tap
- Large capacity of 18 cups at one time
Many users state that they left behind their previous BRITA purifier and went for this option instead. The most common plus point is the sleek shape and size of the product, and most users stated that it fits inside the refrigerator without causing obstruction or taking up too much room. The filters also last for the amount of time that the product information states.
- Large capacity, allowing you to store 18 cups of water at any one time
- Fits into the refirgerator nicely, without obstruction
- Filters last for a long period of time before replacement is needed
- Filters are pricey, so it is better to buy a larger bulk pack at the time of purchasing the purifier, to take advantage of the slight discount
BRITA Large 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher With Filter
We know that BRITA is a big named brand, one of the biggest on the market, so you get instant peace of mind in your purchase from there. This water purifier is a medium sized option, so it would work for a smaller household, e.g. with two or three people.
The pitcher is clear and has a spout at one end for easy pouring. The filter reduces the taste of chlorine from tap water, and again gets rid of odor that can arise from the mains water supply. Impurities and issues removed from water include copper, mercury, and cadmium, which is generally found in most water supplies. The purifier also gives you a warning indicator when you need to change the filter, which helps you to ensure that your water is always clean and clear. The filters are also quite long lasting, with an average filter lasting for around 2 months in a regular household.
- Clear pitcher with easy pouring action
- Reduces odor in water and the taste of chlorine
- Removes common inpuritie from water
- Warning indicator when filter needs to be changed
- Filters last for around 2 months on average
Reviews on this product are very satisfactory indeed, an most users all state that the purifier is fantastic value for money. The smaller size fits well into most average sized refrigerators, without taking up much room, and most users were very satisfied with the performance, and especially the price for such a big brand name.
- Big brand name to give you confidence in your purchase
- Low cost for the brand
- Small size fits well into refrigerators
- Filters last for a longtime, on average 2 months
- The small capacity size could be an issue for larger households
Wingsol Countertop Filter System
This is a different kind of filtration system, compared to the previous two we have reviewed. This option isn’t a jug which fits into your refrigerator, and instead it sits on your countertop, providing instant filtration and purification. The purifier is shown to remove lead, chrome, mercury, chlorine, bacteria, colloids, and arsenic from water, up to 99%, and is ideal for larger households.
The idea with this kind of purification system is that you get a constant supply of clean and clear water, without having to top up a jug every time. There is no need to install via a plumber, and it is all very easy to fit, with filters lasting for a huge 6 months at a time.
- Easy to install countertop filtration system
- Crack proof and leak-proof
- Removes 99% of impurities and contaminants
- Filters last for a 6 months’ period on average
Almost all reviews on this product were super satisfactory, and all stated how easy the purifier was to install into their kitchen. The taste of the water is something else which is mentioned constantly, and the price, although higher than a general purifier with a jug, is still very satisfactory for the quality you are receiving in return.
- No need to keep filling up a jug, this purifier gives you a constant supply of purified water
- Long lasting filters, which last an average of 6 months at a time
- Easy to install, no need for a plumber
- Leak proof and crack proof outer
- Removes 99% of nasties, odor, and chlorine taste
- The price is higher than a regular jug style water prufier, which could be an issue for some
- The purifier sits on the countertop, wch could take up precious space if your kitchen is small
Overall, these three water purifiers are all fantastic options in their own right, and it totally depends on your budget as to which one you go for. If you do have more cash to spend, the countertop option we reviewed last is a perfect choice, with filters which last much longer. As a middle ground choice however, the PUR 18 Cup Water Filtration Dispenser is probably the best option to go for, due to its medium size and price.