These days we are more aware of our health and the potential hazards that stand in the way of it. Whether you have a family or not, clean water for your household is a basic human need. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world has this luxury, so if you can put into place a system which allows you to ensure your supply of clean water, it is something you should do without haste.
Our water supply pre-filtration can often be contaminated with many forms of bacteria and added issues, which stand in the way of purification. You may not be aware of it, but rust can easily make its way into your water supply, and can cause health issues, as well as looking rather unsightly. These deposits can be as a result of old pipes which have corroded over time, with pieces flaking off. Of course, finding a way to cut out this potential issue is a must do. This is where whole house water filters come in, and you can also purchase one which is specifically designed to eliminate rust.
A whole house water filter is also called a ‘point of entry’ filter, and does what it says on the tin – it filtrates all the water in your house, not just drinking water. This type of system will usually need to be professionally installed, and will cost more than a regular filtration system for drinking water alone, but the benefits speak for themselves.
Best Whole House Water Filter For Rust Reviews
The price of this particular product is considerably lower than you might think, and despite the fact that most whole house filtration systems need to be installed professionally, this one can be done in a DIY manner. The kit comes with associated instructions to enable every user to install the system relatively easily.
Whist this filter isn’t from one of the biggest brand names around, it has many positive reviews, and the cost is also what attracts many users towards it. This whole house filter is designed to remove sand, soil, silt, sediment, and rust from the water supply, but it is particualrly effective on rust.
- Removes sand, soil, silt, rust, and sediment from the water supply
- The pack includes a pleated filter, which lasts for an average of three months
- Can be used in a household which is occupied by more than 4 people, and has 3 bathrooms or more
- Can be installed without professional help
Overall, customers love the price of this product, as well as its large capacity, making it possible to supply clean water to a house of more than 4 people. Whilst customers all agree that the filter is basic, the ease of installation is also a major plus point for most users.
- Easy installation, without the need for professional assistance
- Doesn’t just remove rust, but also removes the taste of chlorine, odors, soil, sediment, silt, and sand too
- Replacement filters are quite cheap, and the set comes with one filter to last for three months
- Basic filter, which may not be suitable for those who want something more advanced
Watts is a well respected name in the water filtration system, and this particular product is a very well received one by customers. As this whole chat would suggest, this whole house filter system is ideal for removing rust, but also dirt and sediment from the water that makes its way into your house. Whilst it is possible to install this particular filtration system yourself, it is recommended that you have professional help from a plumber, to ensure that everything is attached where it is supposed to.
- Designed to reduce rust, but also sediment and other forms of dirt from the water supply
- By-pass valve is built into the filter
- Pack contains a wrench for installation, and three filters
- Big named brand and competive price
Most users of this product all agree that it is great value for money, but that professional installation is almost certainly needed. Users also state that the filters last for a considerable amount of time before they need to be replaced.
- Good price for a high quality product
- By-pass vale included ensures a highly efficient performance
- Not only reduces rust, but also dirt and sediment generally
- Three filters included in the price
- Professional installation by a plumber is likely to be needed
The cost of this particular whole house water filter is higher than the other products we have reviewed so far, but the ratings are certainly very favourable, and the brand name is recognisable. This partiucular system can proces up to 10 gallons of water per minute, and it has the capacity to remove rust and countless other sediment types from your water supply. Overall, the performance of this filter is adequate enough for a large and busy household.
- Large filter housings which allow for strong water pressure to pass through it
- Can process up to 10 gallons of water per minute
- Filtration capacity of 25 to 1 micron
- Filter lasts for a year on average before replacement is needed
- Removes 95% of contaminants, and is especially effective at removing rust
Users all agree that this filtration system is worth the price tag. Professioanl installation is needed, which could be a downside in terms of cost, but when it is effectively installed, performance is fantastic all-round. Users also state that the average year-long filter replacement timespan is correct.
Very strong and can process up to 10 gallons per minute
Capacity filtration is from 25 to 1 micron
Catalytic carbon filter lasts for a year on average before replacement, working with a family of four people
- A higher price than other systems on the market
- Professional installation is needed
Despite the fact that we all need to be careful of our cash flow these days, it is always better to invest when it comes to having clean, fresh water in your household. Removing not only rust, but also all manner of other contaminants (e.g., carbon) is vital, and a good quality filtration system will therefore cost a little more than an average one. Professional installation is also recommended, to ensure you are getting total efficiency for your money.
The final decision on the best whole house water filter system for rust you go for is personal, but in terms of quality and performance, the Home Master option is certianly a clear winner.